Sunday

THE WEEK OF MAY 11-17 --MARQUEITA'S SLUMBER PARTY, ROLLER SKATING

Monday - May 12
Dear Diary,
     Claudia and I got in big trouble today in Home Ec class. We were the only two who had not finished our skirts for serving at the banquet. Our teacher, Mrs. Brown, who is always in a bad mood anyway, said Claudia and I were jolly on the spot when something fun was up, but when there was work to be done, we were nowhere to be found. I don’t see anything wrong with that. We have a whole week to finish them.

Wednesday - May 14
Dear Diary,
     We finished our skirts after school today. Now we can go to Marqueita’s slumber party without thinking about those skirts. All my friends will be there, even some junior and senior girls. We will make chocolate fudge and pop popcorn and read True Story magazines. We will have to hide them from Marqueita’s father. She is not allowed to read them. He says they are just too trashy! I bet he’s 40 years old and just don’t understand!

Friday - May 16
Dear Diary,
     The slumber party was really swell. Never had so much fun. The boys...Wayne, Patrick, Tim, and Bobby drove by in Wally’s convertible. We waved from Marqueita’s bedroom window, but weren’t allowed to go outside. Will be glad when I’m my own boss. Mrs. Kimble, our English teacher, who is our favorite teacher in the whole world, (she is young and beautiful and hasn’t been married very long, really understands us) says, we will never be our own boss. I hate to think that is true!

   Can’t wait for tonight. I’m going to the movies with my good friend Tim. The first thing I did when I got home this morning was wash and roll my hair. I love that Lustre-Creme Shampoo. Did my nails, then waited on customers at the café. They had something to say about my hair being up in pin curls. Later, when I was plucking my eye brows, my mom told me it took me all day Saturday to get ready for Saturday night and if I had the time and it wasn’t too much trouble, might I get to the ironing. Which reminded me, I had to iron my yellow blouse. I wanted to wear it with my new brown skirt. I hoped it would set off my black hair and brown eyes. Billy Maples came by the café, got a Coke and candy bar and asked if I was going to the movie tonight. I said I was with Tim. He said maybe I will see you there. I’m so excited!


Saturday - May 17
Dear Diary,
     What a fun Saturday night. We were all in Rex’s Drive In. Sue and Bobby, Marqueita and Charles, Claudia and Wally and Tim and I. Billy Maples and some other senior boys came in, walked right over to our booth and suggested we all go to the roller rink. We skated with all the senior boys. I skated with Billy Maples more than once. Wayne Morrison was there. Claudia got to skate with him. She hasn’t come down from the pink cloud yet. Patrick Jamerson was there. I also skated a couple of times with him. We all had a great time. Especially for us girls, maybe not so much for our dates. Of course, Tim didn’t mind. He is like the brother I always wanted. And I guess I am still on a pink cloud myself..

No comments:

Post a Comment