Wednesday

THE WEEK OF APRIL 27, 1952 -- BOYS BULLY RICHIE SANDERS



Tuesday - April 29
 Dear Diary,
      Worked at the café during the lunch hour. The place was overrun with kids from school. I got really mad at Wayne Morrison. I don’t care if Claudia does like him. He’s such a bully! He and his friends make fun of Richie Sanders because he is small for his age. They call him Runt and Short Stack. Today they held the door to the café so he can’t come in. I told them, “He can’t help it that he’s small for his age. You’re just a bunch of overgrown bullies and you can help that!
      After school Claudia came by the café while the Coca-Cola soft drink man was putting up a new sign. It had a really cute boy and girl sitting at a lunch counter drinking a Coke. Claudia thought it looked just like she and Wayne. She has such a crush on him. She is sure that he is in love with her. I think it’s the other way around. He never looks at her. She says it’s because he is just bashful. I happen to know he asked Sue to go roller skating. She wouldn’t because she knew Claudia liked him. After the Coca-Cola man left, we each drank a Coke and ate a Coconut Grove Candy Bar. Claudia talked about Wayne while I dreamed about Billy Maples, that handsome senior. I wish I was a senior so I could go to the prom with Billy. Some lucky senior girl will be his date.
Have to go--Goodnight, Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment